Our lived motto "We are Family" commissions students, parents, SLS staff and the community to share in promoting and practicing these beliefs:
- SLS staff, parents, and students establish high religious and academic standards.
- Students develop a deep faith in Christ through knowledge, worship, prayer, and service.
- Students learn by being actively engaged in a variety of instructional, technological, and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Students are supported and challenged to achieve their spiritual, personal, social, physical and academic development.
- Students build positive self-esteem and character through respectful relationships, appropriate behavior, and a variety of achievement, both curricular and extracurricular.
- Students learn and appreciate our American rights and responsibilities by practicing patriotism and good citizenship.
- Students learn acceptance and appreciation of others by embracing the diversity of our school community in a safe, secure and loving environment.